[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 18:16:15 UTC 2008

One case study to look at, both to see how painful RCS migration can
be as well as showing that it can be done, would be freebsd's ongoing
migration of their huge and ancient repository from CVS to Subversion.
 For the time being, the CVS repository is still in place along with
all the infrastructure tied to it; commits are made to SVN, constantly
mirrored to CVS, and releases are made from CVS.  Some notes about it
here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/svn_notes.txt
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-June/086023.html

--mark