[development] New Contributions API Site Launched

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Tue May 6 20:25:39 UTC 2008

The goal for api.drupal.org is documenting every version of every
theme and every module, and make it possible to easily do this for
your own set of modules on your Drupal site.

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Richard Burford
<rich at freestylesystems.co.uk> wrote:
> At the moment everything is manual. My current host doesn't have CVS so I'm
> looking into grabbing individual modules another way. I'll post more when I
> get some time to look into it. Feel free to submit requests for more modules
> and I'll add them manually for the time being.

This is one of a handful of reasons contributions documentation is not
on the official api.drupal.org site. Even with CVS, the process is
quite manual:
* Find branches (versions) of the module
* Make checkouts for each
* Add cvs update commands to a shell script
* Add branch to the API admin page.

With ~2500 modules making new branches every day, this is not
something I will take on as-is.

Additionally, the UI has no concept of projects. I believe the current
situation would get confusing quickly.

I wrote up a summary of the work needed at http://groups.drupal.org/node/11263.

--
Neil Drumm