[development] Slow down with the official releasesof contribalready, ok? ; )

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon May 26 18:34:35 UTC 2008

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> This is also tempered with the frequency of changes, correct?
Of course. Also the types of changes.

> Bug fixes are one thing while feature enhancements are another.  More
> documentation on the project page will help your users feel comfortable
> with the -dev package.  State exactly the differences and how you feel
> it works.
It doesn't seem to matter all that much. I've had occasion to ask a specific
user to test out the -dev version and they've been scared to to do that.

>> Perhaps a red background and a big red "X" are too scary and should be
toned down.
> Again more documentation on the project page is a must.  Say exactly
> what is known to work and what is known not to work.  That will help
> tone down the "big red "X"".
I don't put it out if I haven't tested it and had it work for me. So
everything works. I have had very few occasions where I do state that
something will be changed in release xxx.