[development] Call to developers, Yet another migration module / how to choose a module name?

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Sat Aug 1 15:28:15 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Kathleen Murtagh<kathleen at ceardach.com> wrote:
> I would encourage you to contribute it to drupal.org.  It doesn't matter if
> it is "yet another xxx".  It is an area with no set solutions, and the more
> ideas the better.
>
> Contributing it will enable more people to use it, discuss improvements, and
> overall help push the deployment issue forward.

I totally agree, but...

In multiple surveys the number 1 problem for visitors to drupal.org is
figuring out which module to use.  I just request that anyone
contributing a "duplicate" module go to great lengths to document the
differences between their module and the existing solutions.

I documented some of the places where the topic is discussed in
http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/support/2009-July/012609.html

Based on Pierre's initial e-mail on the topic it seems like he will do
a great job on documenting this module - I look forward to seeing it!

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers