[development] Remove top-level admin menu items

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:42:27 UTC 2009

It's not related to contributed modules so much, but I'd actually like to
see us have more top level admin sections rather than less - the current
split between content, building, reports, users and configuration doesn't
really work out in practice. Several core menu items are mis-placed - 'post
settings' in content, and simpletest in site building, for example. So while
there may well be contrib modules which are abusing this (and I definitely
think panels /doesn't/ abuse it), core could do a lot better to provide
homes for some of these menu items.

See http://drupal.org/node/228236 for the core issue dealing with this.

Nat