[development] New project vocabularies

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Thu Feb 12 17:11:11 UTC 2009

Case studies referencing projects via a nodereference provides a nice
way of contextualizing how a module is used. While improved tagging (and
active maintenance of the tagging structure) would also be helpful,
seeing links to case studies that incorporate a particular module from
the project page would be very useful. Of course, this list would be
very long on project pages for views and cck, but that can be managed.

An aside here: the mention of e-learning as a category points at both a
shortcoming of the tagging system, and (IMO) a misunderstanding of
e-learning. Many modules on d.o have applications within online
learning, even if it's not immediately obvious -- and the purpose of the
categorization system should be to extend what is immediately obvious.
While modules like quiz and gradebook have a specific elearning
component, they are the exception. Pathauto and token are pretty
critical for online learning sites, for exactly the same reason they are
useful outside of a learning context.

Cheers,

Bill

--