[development] New project vocabularies

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Feb 13 08:28:19 UTC 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 7:11 AM, Gábor Hojtsy wrote:

> Note: IMHO we can remove the types of sites vocabulary always, if we
> find it is not working well.

Can we at least make it not a required field in the short term?

I just tried to edit one of my project pages (signup[1]), didn't see
any "Types of sites" terms that really seemed appropriate
("collaboration", "community"?), and now I have to come up with some
half-baked term association to be able to edit anything about this
project.

Furthermore, what am we supposed to do for modules like CVS deploy[2]
and/or Update status[3] that have nothing to do with the "type of
site"?  Should we add an "<any>" option?  Or, are these other good use-
cases for making it not required and not having any terms selected?
If I select all a) it's noise in each category, b) I'll have to keep
remembering to select all as new terms are added, c) the project page
(assuming it will list all the site type terms) will get ugly and busy.

Thanks,
-Derek (dww)

p.s. For the record, I'm vastly more in favor of the case study + node
reference approach catch is advocating. ;)

[1] http://drupal.org/project/signup
[2] http://drupal.org/project/cvs_deploy
[3] http://drupal.org/project/update_status