[development] Back to Curl-based content generation

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Feb 19 13:25:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 07:23:29 AM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Quoting "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti at nexaima.net>:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 13:04:56 PM +0200, Cog Rusty wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe I lost some part of this discussion, but I wonder: Why would
>>> you need any kind of server or PHP on your desktop to work with a
>>> remote Drupal web site?

No, as I already said several times in this thread. More exactly: I do
control the one where I'd need this first, but not others on which
I'll have to work soon, that's why I'm looking for one solution which
doesn't rely on access to server. So, this wouldn't work, would it:

> I add nodes to my site via a php script executed in batch.  The script
> creates a node object and calls node_save().

because it has to run on the same server which hosts the drupal
website, right?

> Well, that is how we modify Drupal you know.  You create a module to
> do this or that.

The only problem being that "we" only means drupal sysadmins, not
drupal users. I don't want to modify anything in the drupal websites I
need to use, they work just fine. I only want to write software which
talks to them from remote computers, to add nodes.

Thanks,
Marco

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84