[development] Conclusion of: Back to Curl-based content generation

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Feb 20 09:32:09 UTC 2009

Hello, all. To save time, I'll answer with only one messages to all
the replies which came after the half-rant I sent here
yesterday. Please read it all, it isn't that long.

I do enough, in public, to support FOSS and related issues like
digital rights (cfr http://mfioretti.net) to not worry at all if
sometimes I *may* appear as a freeloader with just a "short,
self-serving involvement in the community" of one of the many FOSS
tools I use. So, no problem on that front, really. Just a passing note
that a quick internet search would have definitely proved that *I*
wouldn't come here or anywhere else to learn how to spam.

I admit that in my *very* first messages I wasn't clear enough, partly
because I didn't even know myself what I should exactly ask. What
actually frustrated me in all this too long thread, enough to write
what I wrote yesterday, is just two things:

- honestly, it took too many messages to be told clearly (regardless
  of manners) that you simply do NOT want to make easier the way I'd
  like to interact with Drupal, and _why_ you think so. Please note
  that I'm NOT questioning at all your decision and motives here. I'm
  just saying "if I had been told all this explicitly the first day,
  we'd have all saved a lot of time". Maybe this decision and its
  rationale should be posted on the Drupal website.

- regardless of the point above, I have gotten more than one reply
  where it was evident that the person answering to me simply hadn't
  bothered to read my message, the one he was replying to, from
  beginning to end.

So, I hope you'll take all this as just a friendly suggestion to pay
more attention and in general use the list more effectively in the
future. Me, I have nothing to add, and certainly don't want to bicker
anymore.

Considering all the input I got, it looks that I need to try, at least
for those websites where I can ask to change configuration, a command
line script which talks remotely, via XML-RPC, to the blogapi
module. If somebody can post me privately (**) relevant documentation or,
even better, working code samples (Perl, Python, whatever)... thanks a
lot in advance. The reason I'm asking is that the blogapi page at
drupal.org documents how that code works internally and how it talks
to drupal, but I haven't recognized any link to documentation useful
to write the _client_ side.

Be well,
Marco

(**) I will unsubscribe really soon, need to focus on other things now.

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84