[development] Back to Curl-based content generation

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Thu Feb 19 15:36:46 UTC 2009

M. Fioretti wrote:
> Incidentally, this is not the first, more or less explicit "why are
> you asking us help on how to spam drupal websites" kind of answer I've
> got in this thread, and it's starting to be offensive, both for me and
> for you Drupal developers. I write online for a living: would I be so
> idiot to mess my reputation in such a way? Even if I didn't write, if
> I were a spammer, would I be so idiot to come here with my real name
> to ask? If I were a spammer I would have already made all of this work
> without ****ever**** asking in public, because I'd have had a much
> more powerful incentive to spend days and nights making spambots work
> without letting everybody know about it.

Marco you are a relative unknown on this mailing list to me and others.
Your drupal user history is entirely selfserving
(http://drupal.org/user/166184/track) with out ever returning the favor
to the community. Despite this many people have stepped forward to offer
you ideas and help.

Please understand that we all provide this advice and assistance out of
the generosity of our hearts and the desire for our project to succeed.
Your abrasiveness and ingratitude in response to this help are not
appreciated nor welcome. Furthermore, your question IS suspicious
without a better historical understanding of you as a drupal
user/contributor so it should be met with the concern you have experienced.

Several valid suggestions have been proposed and you would do well to
investigate each of them. Please take any further discussion of it off
the development list as this is a support question. -mf