[development] How to reuse uploaded files

Ken Winters kwinters at coalmarch.com
Sun Sep 13 16:35:19 UTC 2009

Unfortunately file management is one of the big weaknesses in Drupal 6,
and I've never
found a solution that I really liked.  There are a lot of efforts toward
improving that in D7
(the Media project, and assorted core file handling improvements) but
for now there are
only half-measures.

John's suggestion is one of the reasonable methods, and IMCE plus
TinyMCE is the common
way to manage embedded images.

- Ken Winters