[development] "Sudo" Module

Antonio P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Mon Aug 9 18:31:11 UTC 2010

On 9 Ago 2010 19h00 WEST, james.benstead at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks, Andrew - I think I'll implement the current version of
> Masquerade for the moment (great module, btw - I use it on all of my
> dev sites) and then work on integrating this functionality in a
> patch when I've got more time - will allow me to learn more about
> Drupal security, too. Masquerade is a "brand" module in my view so
> there's really no need to fork it.
>
> --Jim

You might also consider admin role
http://drupal.org/project/adminrole, in slightly different vein. It
allows to concede other users some of the powers of UID 1. You can't
run update.php with it. But it allows you to exercise some degree of
latitude in allocating privileges on a Drupal site. Usually when you
enable a new module the users with role "administrator" inherit all
the privileges regarding that module permissions.

It's a different route. I don't think that sudo <everything> like
Ubuntu does is a good policy. You tend to loose the perspective on how
powerful the sudo facility is IMO.

HTH,
--- appa