[development] D7 side effect

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 7 16:07:03 UTC 2010

Sam, I have a tendency to agree with you on the number of tables. I've kind of
gotten used to it, but I sued to look at the database and say, "OMG, 125
tables?" That's one of the drawbacks to normalizing. The idea is that it
allegedly ends up decreasing the count, I find that, in practice, it usually
does not. In the olden days, before databases (now called NoSql), one could
create a file with many different record layouts in it and still understand what
one was working with. Just think of it as DBA job security.

Nancy