[development] The age-old modues admin question

Fabio Varesano fabio.varesano at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 20:01:10 UTC 2010

I experienced similar slowness with Drupal trying to access remote
contents (eg. updates check - rss updating) while running my dev site
in a very slow network or in a firewalled/proxied network. You might
want to disable automatic update checks.

Personally, I couldn't work for a company which wouldn't let me
install what I want on my work PC, expecially if that would mean using
Windows every day.