[development] Multiple modules, multiple versions, in Eclipse

Ken Winters kwinters at coalmarch.com
Sun Jun 6 18:12:58 UTC 2010

I use a single workspace for all my Drupal work (and a few other for
code using different
coding standards).

Then I do one "project" per module per active branch.  For example, if I
need to implement
a feature in D7 then backport to D6, I'll have one "project" per.
Importing a project via
CVS makes this easy.  Also, I can keep most of the projects closed and
cut down on memory footprint.

I've also got one "project" per site, containing just code that is
unique to that site.  Custom themes, etc.

Long ago I had one mega-project with many CVS repos, but that was not
flexible and grew unwieldy.

- Ken Winters