[development] Accesslog and Node_counter

Stefan M Kudwien mail at stefankudwien.com
Thu Nov 18 14:35:28 UTC 2010

> I ask because we are increasingly needing to get view counts per day,
> not just total. I can easily add a hook_nodeapi('view') to count from
> today, but wanted to get historical counts as well.

Another idea: in case you're already using Google Analytics, and need a
cache-proof solution, there's also the Google Analytics API module
(http://drupal.org/project/google_analytics_api), which allows you to
access Analytics data remotely. Pro: it's off-loaded from your own
server. Contra: it's not real-time.

The Google Analytics Counter module
(http://drupal.org/project/google_analytics_counter) is based on this
API and might already nearly do what you need.

--
Stefan Kudwien
Drupal Consulting