[development] Moving to D7 beta

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Fri Oct 8 20:26:34 UTC 2010

On 8 Out 2010 20h04 WEST, jeff at ayendesigns.com wrote:

> Anyone know whether going from D7-alpha7 to D7-beta is as simple as
> dropping in the code and running update? (he asks, wincing in
> advance)

I did the upgrade today. I just untarred the beta1 tarball in the dir,
dropped all the tables from alpha7 and started a fresh install. Of
course settings.php has to be rewritten as well. This way it
works.

Never tried the head2head. In previous alpha releases I tried to do a
drush update and it failed. So I reverted to this kludge of dropping
tables and do a re-install.

--- appa