[development] Node limbo

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Sun Apr 24 20:47:56 UTC 2011

D6. I have an ajax popop form I have appear when creating a node. It
contains a choice of terms from the node body to add to vocabularies.
Since I don't know the nid yet, I serialize that form with js and store
it in the node form in a hidden field.

I can't add the data to the node_term table until the save is
complete...but I don't know how to move the data along to that point. I
can put a submit handler before the normal one, and that gives me access
to the data via the form, but by the time I get to where hook_nodeapi op
pre_save would fire, there is no form and that field info won't be
present in the node.

Yikes.

Jeff
--
/I am a non sequitur. Beware, the contents were packaged where peanuts
are processed./

Ayen Designs
388 Bullsboro Drive #105 · Newnan, Georgia 30263
404-271-9734
Web:ayendesigns.com <http://ayendesigns.com/>
Blog: theAccidentalCoder.com <http://theaccidentalcoder.com/>
Drupal: j. ayen green <http://drupal.org/user/367108> (367108)
IRQ: j_ayen_green
IM (Yahoo) baalwww    (MSN) baalwww at yahoo.com
Skype: ayendesigns | Facebook: ayendesigns | Twitter: @ayendesigns

Ayen Designs is the computer services division of