[development] How to create a content type and a field

Karl Giesing khzmusik at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 05:38:03 UTC 2011

> Please, can you give me a example(or a module that does this) how to > create a content type inside a module and how to add a new field to the > content?
You might want to check out this issue that I started:
http://drupal.org/node/760690
Lots of good info in there (most not written by me).
(I never got around to writing that handbook module, I really should do that.)

I was also just recently introduced to the joys of hook_content_extra_fields(), which you can read about here:http://www.lullabot.com/articles/great-pretender-making-your-data-act-field
Those links, plus the node_example module, should be enough to get you started.
p.s. Sorry if this email is all one paragraph... It's not supposed to be, I'm guessing that there's some sort of oddness going on between the development list and my email client (which is, unfortunately, Hotmail).
-Karl.