[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Sam Tresler sam at treslerdesigns.com
Tue Feb 1 16:05:12 UTC 2011

There is a point, perhaps a line in the sand, where "Eat your own Dog Food" becomes 'isolationism'.

I'm for a Stack Overflow solution.  It involves monumentally less resources from us.  It puts us solidly in touch with another community on the interwebs.  It works.

I prefer forums for forum-like discussions.  Support discussions on forums are annoying.

I prefer issue queues for development, as they are good for managing ongoing development and archiving past development.

I prefer a Stack Overflow for support because they are a meritocracy based, self-sorting, self documenting system.

These are three different things, and I think we gain more than just a solution to our own problems by going th Stack Overflow route.

Sam Tresler
646-246-8403