[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Tue Feb 1 17:51:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:56:51 -0800 (PST)
nan wich <nan_wich at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Perhaps, as someone suggested, this might be an age thing. I rarely have any
> trouble searcing on the DO fora,

I think that finding stuff on d.o today is far easier and better than it was 4
or 5 or 6 years ago, and I think part of it is due to the organizing that
Victor thinks has hurt it (and part of it is probably due to Apache Solr, as
well).  Before, it would take me ages to find something I knew was there, but
couldn't locate.  Now I can practically go right to what I'm looking for w/o
wasting time looking for it, and searches bring up relevant documents more
times than not.

> but in my short visits to StackOverflow, I
> have yet to actually see a question, let alone answers.

I created a custom feed for StackOverflow that shows me the questions as they
happen:

http://stackoverflow.com/feeds/tag?tagnames=drupal&sort=hot

It doesn't help with searching, but it does show that there are definitely
Drupal related questions and answers.

--
Jason Flatt
Custom Website development solutions: http://www.oadaeh.net/