[development] Does Drupal Run in 64 bit Ubuntu Linux Machine

Kamal Palei kamal.palei.1975 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:13:18 UTC 2011

Hi All
I wanted to install Drupal 6 / Drupal 7 in a 64 bit Ubuntu machine.
Just wanted to check if Drupal is compatible with 64 bit Ubuntu Linux
machine.

My machine's hardware profiles are -
1. CPU intel core *i5* 650 boxed 3.2 ghz socket 1156
2. MB intel P55 Chipset *DH55P* J Boxed
3. HDD WD SATA 2Tb 64MB cache

With above hardware profile, and Ubuntu 10.04 (*64 bit*) linux environment,
I am planning to install Drupal6/7.
If somebody has already done it , please share if you faced any problems.

Also in a 64 bit ubuntu linux machine, which webserver is recommonded.
I found some people using XAMPP. Is it the best one or you have someother
recommondations.
Load on web server will be high, at high load, I am looking for high
performing webserver.

Best Regards
Kamal