[development] Does Drupal Run in 64 bit Ubuntu Linux Machine

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Fri Feb 11 22:35:07 UTC 2011

On 11 Fev 2011 10h39 WET, Peter at attiks.com wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; utf-8 (base64)>]
> Dear,
>
> 64bit is no problem at all, but if you expect high load, better add
> lots of RAM (8GB+) and multiple hard drives, so you can use RAID 5/6
> and separate disk sets for system, logging and mysql.
>
> Have also a look at Nginx, my experience is that it’s faster than
> Apache.

This is not sound advice for a newbie, which the OP seems to be. Nginx
is in fact leap years ahead of Apache and lesser fauna in the web
server biosphere, but you must know how to configure it. Otherwise
you're setting yourself up for a lot of pain, being p0wned with no
mercy is highly probable.

For a newbie stick with Apache. It holds your hand. Alternatively go
to the Nginx group on g.d.o and see what's discussed there. Don't
venture to setup a site in the wild while you don't have some
understanding of the config.

> Also your chipset is for desktop machines, better have a look at a
> real server.

--- appa