[development] Voting modules

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 4 17:14:24 UTC 2011

I am working on updating a voting module which uses VotingApi. One question that
has come up deals with deleting votes. VotingApi relies (mostly) on value_type
and tag to identify votes. So the problem I have is that multiple voting modules
could all use tag='vote' so how would you identify which originated in your
modules as opposed to someone else's? I can easily envision a site where
some content type is rated (e.g. 0-5 stars) and some just liked or recommended
(+ or -1).

Has any of you ever had a site where you used more than one voting module (Plus
1, Up/Down, Five Star, etc.); if so, why? [Please do not respond with a "no."]
To reduce clutter here, a private response would be preferred.

Nancy