[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Randy Fay randy at randyfay.com
Sun Jan 30 21:28:44 UTC 2011

However, providing a venue for support that actually works is something we
really need to set as a high priority.

IMO we could just use issue queues, organized just like you might on Stack
Overflow, with owners of them. Email notifications would work.
Maintainership of a particular queue would work (subscribe to the whole
queue). It fits in with our normal workflow. It moves pure support out of
the issue queues at least some of the time. And we know it works because we
do it all the time.

So I would envision an "Installation Support" issue queue (project), and a
"Site Configuration Support" issue queue, etc. Each with a maintainer or 3.

Surely we can do something like that to get away from the hell that is the
forums.

Probably the place for this discussion is over at
http://groups.drupal.org/documentation-team, but I don't mind seeing it go
on here for a little bit.

-Randy

--