[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Carl Wiedemann carl.wiedemann at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 23:43:28 UTC 2011

Recently the Vote Up/Down module http://drupal.org/project/vote_up_down was
implemented on groups.drupal.org in an effort to provide some sense of each
post's value to the community. Integrating Vote Up/Down with drupal.org's
existing forum could be a next step.

Stack Overflow's architecture translated to Drupal bespeaks a content type,
comments, free-tagging taxomony, vote up/down, Views and a few other things
(notifications/subscriptions, statistics, flags, etc). Some effort in has
already been put toward emulating it: http://drupal.org/project/arrayshift