[development] Git best practices for client codebases

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Tue Mar 1 21:20:34 UTC 2011

Larry,

There is the awesome Git Deploy module that will go out and interface
with git meta data and update.drupal.org to determine the correct
version information for any module checked out directly from Git. I'm
90% sure that it doesn't even require the git binary to be installed,
just a PHP library to access/read git data.

http://drupal.org/project/git_deploy

-Mike

--
Michael Prasuhn