[development] Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site

Randy Fay randy at randyfay.com
Fri Mar 18 03:26:32 UTC 2011

My problem is that while I enjoy providing support and in a few areas
consider it my responsibility, I don't like to have to handle similar
questions multiple times. And the mailing list approach to support does not
promote context or alternate support vehicles. In many ways this list is
Twitter's "Dear #lazyweb".

I don't mind. I just want to be able to offer support in a more efficient
way,and in a way that encourages people offering support to have good
resources before they ask.

This list has long been, as Angie notes, a dev support list. That's not so
bad. It's just that we could improve the quality by finding better, more
contextual ways to offer support.

Oh well :-)

-Randy

randy at randyfay.com