[development] Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Fri Mar 18 03:33:27 UTC 2011

Well, I was really without an opinion one way or the other until I read
this. For my part, I have certainly asked a number of questions here,
primarily because they are heavy lifting questions and I found most of
the helpful souls in #drupal-support to be more of the site-building
types than bitheads, and when I first crossed paths with this list it
was apparently already 'polluted,' so I came away thinking this was what
it was for. And also, I freely admit that I found a lot of pleasure in
reading opinions on the best way to accomplish things FROM people like
Angie, Earl, Randy, Dave, Larry and the other heavy hitters. In a world
where, despite best intentions, the architecture is not necessarily
intuitive, the handbook often falls short (yes, I need to help out
there) and the demand on us as developers leaves less and less time
available to spend 2-3 hours hunting and reading to empower 5 minutes of
coding, it was one of the few places I've had a warm and fuzzy feeling.
All of that, though, was simply my ignorance as to what this list is
supposed to be. So, all of that said, I think those who established it
and used it while it was still being what was intended ought to make the
decision. I'm quite happy to seek assistance wherever a place exists,
and, now that I know, excited to think that there can again be a place,
here or wherever you all decide, for me to eavesdrop on the types of
discussions that used to occur here.

Jeff