[development] IRC changeover to XMPP?

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Sat Mar 19 17:22:51 UTC 2011

If someone has the knowledge and experience to kick-start and setup a Jabber
server for Drupal, I'd say: Just do it.

Lots of communication has moved into completely private backchannels anyway
already.  In addition to IRC, many of us are communicating via Skype chats
and conf calls, because, well, almost everyone is in there and automatically
online anyway.  That doesn't automatically make Skype a good tool though; in
fact, it makes communication even more "elite", private, and undocumented
than anything else.

sun