[development] Drupal 7 - views

Iain William Wiseman iwiseman at bibble.co.nz
Mon May 2 00:42:42 UTC 2011

On 2/05/2011 12:26 p.m., Ms. Nancy Wichmann wrote:
> Name calling serves no one any good.
> Different people learn in different ways. I, too, am one who learns
> better by doing, so examples are beneficial, especially if they even
> remotely relate to my issue. And, yes, I even occasionally try to "do
> before reading" because a solution without a problem seems to be the
> tail wagging the dog.
> But when it comes time to read, I do so. Unfortunately, computers only
> do what you tell them to do, so searching requires the correct terms,
> and Views docs, in particular, are filled with terms that don't trip
> off the fingers of the uninitiated readily. That's no slight to Mr.
> Miles at all; he writes concisely. In my initial response, I gave Mr.
> Wiseman, the term "relationship" with which to search, hoping that it
> would get him to the docs he needed. Since I was just waking up and
> needed to get ready for church, I didn't have time to find the article
> for him.
> Mr. Wiseman, in case you didn't know, Mr. Miles is known as
> "Merlinofchaos" on Drupal.org; strike a bell?
> I think there might be one other bit of reading that you might want to
> do: the description of these lists. In contrast to what Mr.
> Favia wrote, it seems to me that this question should have been in the
> Support list as it does not deal with the development of Drupal itself.
>
> /*Nancy*/
>
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L.
> King, Jr.

Thank Nancy,

So development of drupal modules which are not part of the core go to
support - I did not know this so thanks.

Will be looking a views again tonight (day job to do!). I am looking
into helping out port LinkedIn to Drupal 7 but felt I might be best just
getting a simple view/database module going first. I do have on question
with regard to building the code though, is there a standard approach to
where to put the bits. I understand .install and .info but where how to
split up the pages seems unclear to me.

Iain