[development] Ubercart problem

Dayton Perkins goodnewsdayton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 07:52:54 UTC 2012

I have a few line item scripts that all happen on the checkout page. The
one that is giving trouble is a coupon line item.

  *

    The line item is being saved to the database, as it should be with
    hook-order.

  *

    All line items display, as they should on the confirm page, and
    charge properly, but the tax is incorrect.

  *

    In admin/store/settings/taxes/1/edit I have a tax set up with a
    couple of rules.

        These should have no bearing: one being the state for the tax
        and another being a user role (wholesalers are not taxed) .

        Tax is applied to the Coupon line item on this configuration
        page, as well as to the products. These are the only
        applications of the tax.

Whether I store a negative value or positive, it doesn't affect the tax
that is calculated. It is always calculated on the subtotal, which is
the total of the products.  This includes visiting the confirmation page
and going "back".
Tax should be calculated on the subtotal minus the coupon amount.
My only clue is that Ubercart Taxes might expect line items before the
checkout page??? (All my line items are written on submit of the
checkout page, before the confirm page.
Should I write my line items on the checkout page with AJAX? That
doesn't even make sense in the light of how hook_order is written.

Sure appreciate any help if there is anyone who has a clue. This is a
production site and I wouldn't blame my client for getting antsy.

--

/Kindest regards,/ 	/*Dayton Perkins*/ 	Dayton Perkins

Good News Design

Intelligent Web Programming for Business
Dayton Perkins: Recent American Expat in Hong Kong

dayton at goodnewsdesign.com <mailto:dayton at goodnewsdesign.com>
dayton at goodnewsdesign.com <mailto:dayton at goodnewsdesign.com>
Phone Me 	U.S Phone (rings me in HK) 616-795-9039

http://goodnewsdesign.com
GND Logo <http://goodnewsdesign.com><http://goodnewsdesign.com>