[drupal-docs] node definition

Farsheed tfarsheed at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 05:54:27 UTC 2005

I think perhaps there should be a very, very, very,
layman definition of "node" which could be one
sentence, and then has more details underneath it.
Then a medium-technical definition, and finally, a
super-technical definition.  Having three definitions
of increasing complexity allows a reader to gradually
learn starting from a conceptual overview and then
finally dive into nitty gritty details if they want.
Probably talking about a database in a layman
definition would be confusing, since an average
beginner may not even know what a database is.

Novice technical definition:

Node: n.,
A single piece of content that is published on a
Drupal site. Examples: a blog post, forum topic,
single image.

More details:
A single node can be organized using categories, and
other people can leave comments about it.  Example: a
blog post can be categorized under "sports" and then
other people can leave comments on that blog post.