[drupal-docs] node definition

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Aug 29 19:06:21 UTC 2005

>> Nodes are the basic, user-publishable content type
>
> Stop here. Node is not always content.

So we can go on to define "content" first.

  http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Acontent

I have recently done a Hungarian paper on some aspects of Enterprise CMS
systems (that is existing system integration, etc), and they mostly use
content in these CMS product papers as a near-synonym to data. Since I
was also uncomfortable with this too general usage of "content" in these
systems, I defined this word differently for my essay. Still it is used
in a very general sense, not just for "text or image with some intended
meaning".

Goba