[documentation] Hitchhikers guide to Drupal

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Fri Jan 6 08:56:40 UTC 2006

On 06 Jan 2006, at 00:29, Kim P. Werker wrote:
> But here's the thing -- more and more users are like me. I'm not a
> developer -- I'm just a happy Drupaler. With 2005's massive growth,
> it seems there's a rapidly growing mass of users like me. I thought
> Drupal was for people like us, but I'm learning that's not the intent.

Drupal is for people like you, regardless of what some people make
you believe.  You are right when you say that many people are like
you, and that we suck at empowering them.  I'm all for helping the
growing mass of users like you, but I'd prefer to work together and
to help them on drupal.org.
The question is not 'do we want to help the average users?'.  The
answer is 'yes'.  The question is: 'do you want to work with us,
helping new users?'.