[documentation] Babies, Spoons, Food and Funny Faces

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Jan 6 23:16:39 UTC 2006

On Jan 6, 2006, at 2:24 PM, themacgeek wrote:
> As someone who is very interested in helping, I am at a loss where
> to start.

Here's the most popular.  Pick one of the top ten pages: http://
drupal.org/handbook/most-popular-pages

> If I begin making edits, who do I post them too?

i would start by filing an issue and keep responding to the issue.
You can say site-maintainers please apply my changes.  If you start
to make some significant contributions you'll find yourself being
promoted pretty quickly.

> Will I be duplicating the work that someone else is already doing?

Be sure to look and see if anyone has already written pages on the
topics you are writing.  Contact the author and tell them you want to
work with them.

> What is more important, addressing docs on old versions, current
> versions or the upcoming 4.7 release?

Start by working on the stuff people are reading the most: http://
drupal.org/handbook/most-popular-pages

Here is a list of handbook pages with comments: http://drupal.org/
handbook/comments.   The approach I would take would be to make a
copy of the existing page and edit it based on the comments.  If the
comments are extensive and valuable then I would consider creating a
child page that contain those comments.  Once you feel that you have
reviewed all the comments and got all the value let us know by
posting an issue and we will come and edit.  If you start making
contributions you'll get promoted to a site maintainer pretty
quickly.  That will allow you to edit and delete comments.

Cheers,
Kieran