[documentation] Hitchhikers guide to Drupal

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Sun Jan 8 09:19:44 UTC 2006

As I say in the fourms almost anytime someone does this.  There are lots of ways to contribute without coding.  It doesn;t mean features you want will get in any faster, but after a while, you will be heard more clearly if you have been activly involved and contributing for a while.

On the bright side, we have lots of devs that give back.  We also have some that are getting cranky.  The barrage of attacks this last few months has been interesting.  Many are from new accounts.  Several have proudly stated that they don't have to contribute and they won't.  This just tends to agravate the situation.

So, we need a philosophy doc.  We have people who do not know what the Open Source movement and philosophy are.  They need to be educated and we need a doc/statement for when people make demands that we can link  them to then ignore them unless they are more polite and learn how to behave and play nice.

-sp