[documentation] Role Based User Handbooks

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Jan 12 10:11:15 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 12 januari 2006 03:22, schreef Boris Mann:
> Again my plea is to turn on the "story" node type and have this type
> of info be able to be submitted by anyone, go into a submission queue
> and get approved. We'd have a nice, categorized archive (free
> tagging, of course, perhaps with some additional "big buckets" like
> Tips, Best Practices, Recipes, Case Studies, Official News, etc.) and
> a way for anyone to get exposure by writing good content.

We, down at sympal ar experimenting (in Dutch) with this type of
handbook/information. its not public, yet, so i will explain the idea and
plan:
* A few people blog. Add random articles on a random topcis, with random skill
levels.
* We tag these articles. Freetagging, but not too free.
* Once in a while we reorganise that loose information into books. If there is
enough to fill a chapter, that is.

I visualised this as a line of articles passing by (the blogs), which one can
filter, based on his or her preferences (feeds per tag) and wich;, at the end
of that line is sorted into nice piles.

Funny to see that Boris proposes this same structure for Drupal.org. I
definately like the idea!

Bèr

--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |