Making handbook editable by all (was Re: [documentation] the documentation site...<snip>)

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Sat Jan 14 10:10:00 UTC 2006

On 14 Jan 2006, at 07:26, Charlie Lowe wrote:
> Since Dries has some doubts, why don't we start with giving
> authenticated users the "maintain books" permission, but let's not
> announce it on drupal.org it as a new, permanent feature. Sort of a
> trial period to see how it works. Those who want to edit will
> notice the availability of the edit tab.

I've been preparing the drupal.org upgrade on http://
scratch.drupal.org/, a copy of drupal.org running on CVS HEAD.

Feel free to test http://scratch.drupal.org/.  Changes made to http://
scratch.drupal.org/ will be lost though.  I also disabled the mail()
functionality so you won't be able to create a new account.  If you
want to have a regular authenticated user account to test, use
'scratch' (password 'scratch').

I just gave authenticated users the 'maintain book' permission on
http://scratch.drupal.org/.  Does that have the desired effect?  If
so, I'll carry over the setting to drupal.org.  Anything else you
want to try or change?  Let me know.