[documentation] Related modules on project page description for now

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Tue Jan 17 16:48:39 UTC 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 11:32 PM, Boris Mann wrote:

> I removed related modules from the Event description -- http://
> drupal.org/handbook/modules/event. It listed eventfinder,
> volunteer, and RSVP, but missed Chad's new signup module. And isn't
> there an invite something or other? In any case, I believe we had
> said that those things should be ideally eventually done
> automatically through project module/tagging etc.

Ok, there's a difference between related modules and modules that are
dependent.    eventfinder, volunteer, and RSVP will not work without
event.  These modules are tightly coupled in functionality but loosly
coupled technically.

Sorry, but those should probably go back in.

In that case Flexinode should probably have Flexisearch.  How about
we discuss these changes on the docs list first before we start
editing?  I am eager to improve things but want to evolve the overall
guidelines and not remove and expected functionality.

> For now, I updated the event project page to link to those modules,
> as well as put in the link to the documentation page. See http://
> drupal.org/project/event
>
> Of course, the opening line of the description still reads "This is
> a simple module to keep track of events ..." which always seems
> funny to me given the extreme complexity of event :P

Start time, end time.  What's so complex?

Kieran