[documentation] info needed for installation guide

Jeremy John jmjohn at riseup.net
Wed Aug 26 21:20:11 UTC 2009

Shai,

This is an interesting idea:

"The last dev. version of 7 that I saw called minimal "expert" which I
have a real problem with. I actually think someone's learning curve with
Drupal would be vastly improved by actually creating the content type at
the beginning. A bit longer for sure to set up, but they will actually
understand what a content type is and the relationship between those
settings and a content-type."

If folks were to be walked through a content-creation "wizard" with all
of the steps and good explanations of what a content type (and for that
matter what a node was), then this might be useful.  However, if it's
just another thing that doesn't work out of the box on Drupal, then it's
a bad idea, then they'll be too frustrated to even learn what a node
is.  I've watched people time and time again walk away from a fresh
Drupal install because they can't figure out how to say, upload images
or install a WYSIWYG editor.

-glass.dimly