[support] Install script does not appear

Ron Siven r.siven at mchsi.com
Sun Feb 4 20:42:35 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007 7:29:37 pm Simon Swegles wrote:
> Make certain your file permissions and ownership are set correctly.
> Are you using FTP to upload the drupal files, or are you getting them
> from shell? If FTP, are you uploading in ASCII or binary? Also if you
> are using FTP, try creating the phpinfo file locally and using the same
> method to upload it; then see if the phpinfo file works. Is "<?php" on
> the first line of install.php, or is there content or blank space above it?

Thanks, Simon.

I went through all of the files, and even went so far as to open up all
permissions (777) on all files with no luck.  I also found something about
MySQL 5 and sql mode setting it to MYSQL40,  restart MySQL server, and
recreate database.  No luck.

I am running drupal on my local server running Fedora Core 6.  So, no FTP.
phpinfo() works fine.

Install script: first line is <?php

To recap some other information that may have dropped off the original post:
Drupal 5.1
MySQL 5.0
PHP 5.1.6
Apache 2.2.3

I followed the instructions :
- change httpd.conf:
        - DocumentIndex index.php index.html
        - AddType  test/html .shtml php

- create an empty database,
- set browser to the base URL

All I get is a blank page.  If I go to http://www.mydomain.com/install.php,
Firefox tries to download it.  If I let it download, it is just an empty
file.

Thanks to everyone for their help so far.

Ron