[support] Taxonomy access problem

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Mon Jun 11 11:41:09 UTC 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007 10:26:44 A-NO-NE Music wrote:
> I needed to hide Category assignment when user is creating a content.  I
> installed Taxonomy Access Control module, which worked, but then
> realized I have to have default Category assigned on these nodes, or
> these user-created nodes get lost in the long list of contents list (I
> much liked Joomla's content admin filter design).
>
> So, I installed Taxonomy Default module, only to realize I, the admin
> also loose access to Category assignment.  I disengaged Taxonomy Default
> module from the module list, not really understanding what needs to be
> done to uninstall, I found Taxonomy Access module no longer works.  No
> matter what setting I change, the result is unaffected.

Have you tried reinstalling it and then uninstalling it based on the
directions?  I am unfamiliar with that particular module, so I'm not sure if
that would help or not.

> Something went wrong.  At this point, I am happy if Category assignment
> fields disappeared from Create Content on users.  Any help would be very
> much appreciated.

Again, since I'm unfamiliar with the Taxonomy Default module, I don't know if
this will help or not, and it may remove any custom access control settings
you have in place, but you could try navigating to
admin/content/node-settings, and clicking on the Rebuild permissions button,
if it exists.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/