[support] Drupal permissions

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Aug 19 12:02:35 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

To re-cap the problem: I made a copy of my Drupal site as a test site,
and all the permissions are wrong, I can't access any node. I can,
however, login as admin and access admin pages. I can also create new
nodes and those work fine.

Victor, Laura and Bill all offered suggestions and I do apologize for
not following up quickly. I followed the suggestions without much luck:

1) Victor: I can't do a command-line dump because I don't have
command-line access. I am stuck with phpMyAdmin. I can't upload an
entire copy of the database so I must do the copy in steps. :-(

2) Laura: I have cleared the cache, and I also cleared the sessions
table for good measure. No change. I created a sub-domain and pointed it
to the new Drupal site. No change. So I don't think that this is a
cookie-related issue.

3) Bill: Drupal 4.7 doesn't have "administer > site building" so I can't
uninstall modules. :-( All I can do is deactivate them. I have
deactivated everything in sight.

4) Bill: Drupal 4.7 doesn't have "administer - content management". I
see no way to rebuild permissions.

Question: Is it possible to (1) create an entirely new Drupal site and
then (2) copy the users and the nodes? Is such a thing possible? I don't
care about the modules except for the "blog" and "page" modules. I'm
happy to install new ones later.

Thank you all for the help you have provided. I hope that we can find a
solution. I wonder if my installation is messed up for some reason and
perhaps the best option is to start a new. The problem is that I have to
copy the pages and blogs. They belong to my users. The users can
tolerate a change in UI and changing some features for others, but not
the loss of all their data.

Daniel.