[support] jQuery Media Problem

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:58:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Jacob Roufa<jacob.roufa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried using a relative URL instead of absolute (i.e. get rid of
> http:// and go from current path "../sites/default/files/mp3s/*.mp3") when
> referring to the mp3 file? How does your link read out?

The admin/content/node-type/audio/display/basic page gives these options:

Generic File
Path to File
URL to File
<hidden>

I am using the first. The second or third just print text, not a link
and then nothing happens. How can I tell it to use a relative URL? I
am using FileField module.

> First thing I would check is if you right click over where the player should
> be, do you see "Flash Player" in the right click menu? If so then the embed
> code is fine. I haven't used this module, but there is a chance that
> something in the player's security isn't letting it kick in. A good rule of
> thumb with anything Flash is to always use absolute domains and make sure
> you have a crossdomain.xml file properly set up. One way to check if that is
> causing the problem is to install the debug version of Flash Player:
>
> http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
>
> If its a security policy problem then you should get a sandbox violation
> error. If its anything else in the player then you will also get an error
> popup that might indicate whats happening.

Right click shows Flash, but "movie not loaded" The code isn't
cross-domain. It's like this:

<embed height="40" width="300"
flashvars="file=http://www.xxx.com/sites/default/files/mp3s/LoveAndRelationship1_0.mp3"
autoplay="false" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff"
pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
src="/player.swf?file=http://www.xxx.com/sites/default/files/mp3s/LoveAndRelationship1_0.mp3"
style="display: block;"/>

That's the jQuery-generated code. Here's a page:

http://tinyurl.com/mz5ut6