[support] Something broken in my account database?

Michel Morelli michel at ziobuddalabs.it
Wed Nov 18 07:55:08 UTC 2009

Roy Smith ha scritto:
> I'm running Drupal 5.7.  I've got a user who is having problems
> creating an account.
>
> At /user/register, he (and I can replicate this) fills in the
> username, email address, etc, and clicks on the "create new account"
> button.  This gets him to a screen which says:
>
> oops!  there was a problem...
> The e-mail address /a1ram at optonline.net
> <mailto:a1ram at optonline.net>/ is already registered. Have you
> forgotten your password? <http://hyc.org/user/password>
>
> If he then clicks on the "Have you forgotten your password" link, and
> enters a1ram at optonline.net <mailto:a1ram at optonline.net> in the
> "username or email address" box, he gets, "
>
> oops!  there was a problem...
> Sorry, a1ram at optonline.net <mailto:a1ram at optonline.net> is not
> recognized as a user name or an email address.
>
> Any idea how to fix this?
have you checked if this email is registered into your db ?
Have you tried with another email  ?
Have you checked if your db table is not corrupted ?

M.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobuddalabs.net
Sviluppo applicazioni CMS DRUPAL e web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ziodrupal.net       			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at ziobuddalabs.it