[support] approach with multiple levels of data

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 18:00:40 UTC 2009

Hi Shai,

I intentionally was avoiding using Drupal terms, so that I could explain
more in general what I was trying to achieve, rather than refering to a
specific solution.

What I am leaning towards now, is making a custom panel view, with one
column, and 8 row "slots" which I can then fill with the same 3 views
stacked into each row, 8 times over [24 views in all, although it is
nothing more than the same 3 views repeated 8 times]. And in each row, I
send the argument "row1" or "row2".

I can't see how I could build this up dynamically, as it is, after all,
nothing more than a looped iteration. So instead I am making this panel
once, and then hopefully it will cover all of my needs for all of the
sub areas of the website.

If anyone know how to build a Panel page, as an iteration through some
kind of array [or in my case a 2d array: an array of arrays], I'd love
to hear it as it would change how I am building this, and also make it
so that I am not loading panels with 8 rows on pages where only 3 are
needed, and it would also make it so that if I ever had a page with 10
rows, I wouldn't have to go back and add 2 extra rows to all the
existing panels either...

Thanks!

Seb.