[support] Drupal 7: Photo Gallery

Andre Durudas durudasa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:23:15 UTC 2011

Hello Shai,

thanks for the suggestions. I had already considered Views but wanted to see
whether there are (easier??) alternatives. Anyway, I think I could get a
view to work. I know a little bit about Imagefield, but what is Imagecache?

Also, (and this might be a stupid question) but how do I get my photos into
Drupal? I would like to have them in my private files folder. I was thinking
to set up a new content type, Photo for example, with a title field, the
Imagefield, tags. Is this the only way? Am I missing something? Can I only
upload one photo at a time?

And one more question, when I set up a View like you suggested, I have a
gallery. Does it automatically display thumbnail (or smaller) images? And
when someone clicks on one image, does it open the original (or larger)
image? How do I go about displaying 'Next photo' and 'Previous photo' (and
'Back to gallery') buttons, within the photos in each gallery?

I hope this makes sense. Again, thanks a ton for your help!

Andre