[themes] Customizing themes for node types, terms, sections, paths, and front page

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri Apr 7 23:03:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, April 7, 2006 4:00 pm, Adrian Simmons said:

>> On 4/6/06, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
>>> What about simply a "Browser compatibility issues" page in the themes
>>> handbook that gets linked from wherever seems logical.
> Dale McGladdery wrote:
>> I like this idea. Either a list of good references so we don't
>> reinvent the wheel, or if none exist our own collection of known
>> problems.
> I don't think this is the right way to go about it. We aren't in the
> business of teaching how to write html, or even providing links to
> resources
> to do so.
>
> But it strikes me that a theme troubleshooting FAQ might be useful.
> Something like http://drupal.org/node/199
> With the format:
>
> Symptom:
> Possible causes:
> Solutions:
>
> And as you say, linking to external resources where possible.

That would work fine.  Again, the point is while that we shouldn't be in
the business of teaching HTML/CSS, many people will look to Drupal first
when their Drupal themes misbehave.  We should have something for them to
find, even if it's mostly a road sign saying "blame IE, see here for more
details". :-)

--Larry Garfield