[themes] howto for buidling a frontpage using regions

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue May 23 20:44:22 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 23 mei 2006 17:13, schreef Laura Scott:
> On May 23, 2006, at 2:40 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> > FYI: Have a look here:
> > http://drupal.org/node/65064
> >
> > Feel free to improve. ;)
> >
> > Bèr
>
> Nicely done! A couple of suggestions for clarity:
>
> * In the set-up paragraphs, make it clear that "bimbam" is the name
> of the example theme. It's obvious to us, but newbies would benefit
> from the extra clarity.
>
> * I would (re-)emphasize that "function bimbam_regions()" must be re-
> named for the designer's theme being designed. This detail is missing
> from a number of theme snippets, leading to much confusion.

Calrified that with an extra sentence.

> * The comment below notes that it's the blocks admin area, not the
> node admin area. That's good. But the actual path to it is admin/
> block, not admin/blocks -- not that anyone is going to paste that
> into their browsers, but just to be dead-on.

Changed this too.

> Problematic, imho, is the placement of this page within the handbook.

I put it under Howto's.

> PS - As a point of procedure, should I put the top 3 * points in a
> comment on the page, or is responding here better. Without any page
> editing privileges, I have no idea how else to suggest
> changes.

For me the list is fine. After all: I mailed the list about this.

Thanks for your time;
Bèr

--
[ End user Drupal services and hosting | Sympal.nl ]

CVS onder de knie krijgen:
 http://help.sympal.nl/cvs_onder_de_knie_krijgen